Monday 6 July 2015

In my own head

I give thanks failing to turn my brain off and sleep for ages but then having a fascinating bunch of dreams with a variety of elements including realising I was sixteen and could leave school, realising there were lots of beautiful clothes in my wardrobe I'd forgotten I had and seeing an image that I was lucid enough to think I might like to recreate though maybe not with words...

I give thanks for a lift to and fro the knitting group from Jenny, a lift up and down the stairs with the tea things there from Linda and milk and some of those lovely Biscoff biscuits from me. I give thanks for an excessively long natter even by our standards, as it's a long time since the three of us have been together and had some catching up and commenting to do. I give thanks for meeting a new lady who on hearing my name asked 'Is that by name and by nature?' which is the joke I always myself so went down well with me!

I give thanks the intention at this stage in the evening is to go to choir, though I've talked more over the last couple of days than I often do in a fortnight, have to go out to travel to Rachel's clinic to get my treatment tomorrow morning and am getting decidedly dozy after my tea so this aim may result in being no more than that. I give thanks I have been singing a bit around the flat lately anyway, and the neighbours are probably glad it's just a line or a phrase here and there where the song inadvertently bursts out of my head. I'm grateful for the novel I'm reading where the narrator and her husband live in adjoining flats...and that my most neighbours don't read this blog or they might get the wrong idea from that indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics