Wednesday 1 July 2015

Cloud's illusions

After my tea last night my body suddenly seemed to twig quite how much it had done over the last few days and flatly refused to do anymore except allow me to marvel at the pretty evening sky. I gave thanks for the little puffball clouds highlighted in bright rose gold until the sun finally slipped behind the hill. Then they became just dark grey blobs on light grey but when I looked up and saw them seeming white against the darker sky overhead I gave thanks for the fascinating way the contrast gradually changed to a virtual opposite as well.


I gave thanks for paracetamol, a lavender bath and an early night - didn't make a ha'porth of difference to the stiffness, sleepiness and pain but it was another illusion to be grateful for that I had some sort of control... I'm grateful for all the mugginess, as it makes moving little and snoozing loads seem quite normal too.

I'm grateful for all the things I'd done in the last few days when I felt comparatively well - particularly for the advance cooking meaning there's been things ready to heat and eat. Oh and for ice cream in the freezer to cool down!

I'm grateful the BBC red button on Sky is working for Wimbledon....some years you have to do all kinds of strange things to get access to the coverage on different courts. I'm grateful that though there's been some good matches, play has largely been quite subdued due to the weather as I've not felt up to sitting on the edge of my seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics