Thursday 30 July 2015

Never you mind

I give thanks for getting through twenty four hours of very difficult pain and fatigue - for a while operating taps, cups, kettle and cutlery was almost impossible so I've been grateful for an improvement on that! Will my new quilts be worth it? Well, when I can summon the energy to get them on the bed I'll let you know!

I give thanks for the opportunity to practice being mindful...and mindless...and not minding stuff so much. For doing a few sedentary clicky things - downloading updates, looking for fabric to make a duvet cover after the first lot I ordered was out of stock and going through some photos to see what can be deleted. I give thanks for finding some astonishingly beautiful images (though I say so myself!), for reliving the pleasure of places I've been and things I've seen...and dealing with the poignancy of wanting to return. I give thanks for living close to places so easy on the eye...and having a camera to help me revisit them when it's still too far to actually go.


I give thanks for the marzipan smell of dried meadowsweet Rachel brought me. I give thanks for one of those rare spells of almost total silence with no squawking, screaming, thumping, banging, barking, cooing or droning on - I love just to be still too and soak it in. I give thanks for bright sails catching the evening sun and breeze,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics