Wednesday 8 July 2015

Phone chop

I give thanks for spending most of yesterday afternoon and evening in a delightfully incapable dozy daze. Sometimes travelling back from treatment dilutes this feeling somehow but not this time, not this time at all ha ha!


I give thanks to Rachel and Darryl for donating six old phones between them to my campaign to collect these for Kidney Research UK to recycle. This is an idea that's been bubbling under for a while but I needed to for it to garner more than the usual polite interest to feel moved to set the ball in motion publicly. You wouldn't think writing a few emails and envelopes, taking some photos and creating a Facebook event page would be so exhausting but that's why more research needs to be done into keeping kidneys healthy...If anyone ever feels moved to write an obit for me, be sure it says I worked tiringly for charity not the usual 'tirelessly'!

I give thanks for an unusually quiet day on the terrace; for completing another square for the blanket I've started to knit for another worthy cause from yarn that seemed to have too much obvious potential to pass on in my purge last week; for lots of lovely groceries from a Tesco driver I've not seen for a while (the very tall one if anyone has been reading this for a very long while!) and for watching a bit of tennis and some of it being a bit good. The good bits are the best as I do nothing but watch and thus, though they are sometimes wearing on the nerves, they are more restful on the body...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics