Tuesday 28 July 2015

Let there be

I'm grateful for catching up with Rachel and sharing news and reviews of the unexpected learning experiences that have come our way over the last three weeks. I must admit I'm not always as appreciative of life's lessons as I might be, wishing I could be playing with plasticine while someone reads me a story instead but hey ho, there you go and all that. I'm grateful for a treatment to restore some balance.

I'm grateful for that light bulb moment when she changed the one I couldn't...

I'm grateful for getting up and getting on with the unavoidable for as long as absolutely necessary ie. until Jenny had finished the other chores (thank you Jenny!) and then giving up on the day. I was in too much pain to knit any more or hold a book so I gave thanks for earplugs to block out a noisy afternoon and had a long lie down instead. Then I gave thanks for a biscuit tin to prop up my laptop lid and whiled away some time looking on the internet for a duvet cover I could bear to buy, or perhaps the fabric to make one. After finding little to appeal apart from some material I can't really be sure will until I see it, I went for a rummage to see if there were any flat sheets or pillow cases I'd forgotten about to make a set if it did...and was astonished and grateful to find loads of bedding I thought I'd given away long ago that will tide me over very nicely when I actually get the quilt here and aired and ready to go on the bed! I'm grateful it's too late now to try starting that stage today, and that, having spent so long doing something it turns out I didn't need to, I didn't start doing something else I probably didn't need to either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics