Friday 3 July 2015

Half and half

It's been a day of feeling half OK and half not. I think my body's still dealing with this persistent little bug that seems to be going round. A friend is grateful I've got it as she has too and, as she's been camping, was beginning to imagine she might have contracted Lyme disease. Understandably I'm grateful she's got it as if I don't feel well for more than a day or two I can fall foul of all kinds of dire health imaginings...

I'm grateful for some jaw dropping, jump up and down (not literally) and shout at the telly (literally) tennis - a men's match last night and (very unusual for me to get excited about this) a women's match this evening. I give thanks for the way the Wimbledon crowd are always at least half on the side of the underdog no matter how great the favourite on the other side of the net, more so if they have some unusual characteristics like inspired shots or being British of course.

I give thanks for the big beautiful yellow moon last night and for a freezing cold wind today making it easy to come home and rest after blood tests and so on. I give thanks for a chuckle with a cab driver I've not seen for a while.

I give thanks for these rather amusing and clever images each made from two photos...
http://twistedsifter.com/2015/07/stephen-mcmennamy-splits-photos-in-half-combines-results/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics