Saturday 25 July 2015

The best of other worlds

I give thanks for waking up very achy but awake enough to get myself out of my bed and flat before a hammer and chisel were required - even though it felt as though they were being used to do it!

I give thanks for glimpses of the majestic moor - at a distance but no less appreciated. I give thanks for buying delicious picnic food - I'm not going on one but no point in missing all the fun! I give thanks for music to my ears and a top deck view of all the folk with their places to go and people to see. I give thanks that even though I envy their lifestyle sometimes I understand I'd be no good at their living it and, in all fairness, most of them would struggle with mine.

I give thanks for slow traffic delaying the return journey the better to admire the views, including a pretty bride on the way to her wedding in a horse drawn carriage. I give thanks that it thus was too late for some of the things I'd planned to do back here and I could rest with a takeaway cuppa watching the sun sparkle on the sea instead. I give thanks there are towns nearby with more shops, and that I live in one with few. I give thanks for a bit of a natter with one of the friendly cab drivers - I miss being able to walk, but at least I get to talk a little sometimes.


I give thanks for finding some shoes with my name on them (literally though not spelt the same!) after giving up looking for anything light and airy to wear that both will both protect and conceal my damaged toenails. I give thanks they're don't give up on life red, and that after getting them home and discovering just how comfy they were I gave up on the madcap idea of going straight out again to trek back and buy some more! I give thanks for a long nap instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics