Thursday 17 May 2018

Cleaning windows*

I give thanks that I like cleaning and tidying, as there's always some to be done! To my mind there's an optimal stage in messiness to step in and make it go away ie. enough dirt and disarray for there to be a satisfying visual improvement when you've done, but not so much that it becomes hard physical labour...so I give thanks for successfully tackling some jobs that had reached that stage, including 'gardening' the potted palms and cleaning the top of the kitchen cupboards. Apparently there are folk who think only the bits you see really matter but if you climb a ladder now and then you'll see what a lot of matter collects up there!

I give thanks for it casually crossing my mind to make what I thought was a casual enquiry about something important that needs to be done quite soon and finding out it was considerably more complicated than I thought and that it was a good job I'd started the process when I did.

I give thanks for giving myself a pat on the back for how many jobs I'm getting done lately... And then for getting on with the next one on the list - an urgently required late siesta!

* I give thanks for Van Morrison. You can give thanks for George Formby if you prefer...each to their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics