Sunday 27 May 2018

Don't know much

Not known much gratitude today. I've known a lot about pain (oh yes, I give thanks for sleeping through some of it during the night, though it featured in my dreams)  I give thanks for getting more or less up eventually and getting tea and toast and so on...before popping back to the half of my bed that's usable (let's not go there OK?) for a top up snooze. It would have been a fine day for lounging around on the sofa...but of course my lounge is without that luxury just now. Still I'm grateful I didn't have to get dressed for the woman who didn't want to tell me she didn't want part of the bed she bought. No, still not worked out where it can live but I give thanks for finding somewhere to put it as long as I don't live here too long...

One thing I do know about pain is that it's worse when you feel sorry for yourself. That can be a bit of a toughy when life feels pretty tough even without the pain... I've been giving thanks, as I sometimes do when I feel a bit hard done by, for not having anyone to hope for any comfort or assistance from. I know it must be a fine thing to have people in your life to say 'here, let me help with that' but what if you thought they were going to and they didn't...then where would you be? I give thanks for having me to take care of me. True, sometimes I'm like 'Seriously? How am I supposed to deal with this?' but somehow, without knowing how, I do...

I give thanks for doing a few more seemingly impossible things in the end...and for LOTS of snacks in between! The work I've been doing has worked up a ravenous appetite but though the living room is becoming liveable in again I've hardly seen the kitchen... I give thanks to Mr Tesco for helping with a crumble...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics