Wednesday 23 May 2018

The times they are a-changing

I give thanks for the healing powers of sleep. Sometimes I feel quite seriously ill (which is quite different from being seriously ill!) but then, if I am able to take a nap, I feel much better afterwards. Unfortunately, even though I neither cohabit nor go out to work, it's not always possible to snooze exactly as and when required but oh, the relief of it when I can! I give thanks for managing to get some tea and wash up last night by fitting in some shut eye before, between and after...

I give thanks for convenience of communicating via email - often much easier for me than talking on the phone. For the estate agent being helpful when the solicitor was not and offering to print out a 13 page document for me to sign that had been attached to an email instead of posted in hard copy. This may seem an argument against emails but the conversation that led to the offer of office assistance took place that way...

Of course it helps if you have sturdy internet access, but unfortunately the fragile lines here fell foul of an engineer up a pole earlier and I failed to catch him and send him back up it this time. I give thanks for getting through to a 151 advisor in this country who listened to me and accepted I might know what I was talking about...always a bonus. I give thanks for a connection via my mobile phone.

I give thanks for the fragrance of lilac and the beauty of wisteria blossom

For a cafe that last year told me there was no call for vegan cake now having two sorts to choose from... Not being committed to a dairy free diet myself I give thanks for them selling me a plain scone to take home and spread with jam and the last of the clotted cream. I also give thanks for vegan jelly... I mean why would you want pig in your pudding? You might wonder why I want jelly at all... Well, apart from trifle, it's a cool sweet treat on a warm summery day when ice cream and fresh fruit salad are rationed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics