Wednesday 2 May 2018

Hanging on the telephone

I give thanks for persuading a very sceptical Openreach engineer to go back up a pole today. 'I didn't do anything!' he kept insisting
...but I was perfectly sure if he climbed back up and didn't do it again my dial tone would return and my router stop flashing red. And mercifully I was quite right, and I could lean out of my kitchen window (at a similar height) and thank him for his trouble!

I was particularly grateful for this as there is so much to do on line and on the line at the moment. I was particularly grateful to Emma at the building society too, for putting in so many woman hours and finally persuading the underwriters not to write me off, and to myself for thinking outside the money box for a way to help this happen of course...

I give thanks for finishing cutting out all the squares for my bedcover for which the pattern is decided. The middle block is going to be different I'm sure but I'm not quite sure quite how yet!

I give thanks for confirming my new fridge freezer is due tomorrow as they tried to deliver it last week instead...and for planning to do little but empty the old one between now and when it arrives. I am a mite fatigued this evening and some serious sloth is required...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics