Saturday 19 May 2018

Fool on the hill

I give thanks for the royal wedding - presumably the reason for the almost empty town, seafront, beach and sea! I give thanks for thus enjoying a far more relaxed time down there than I would expect on a sunny Saturday. I give thanks for taking my camera so I could zoom in and see the crowds on the horizon... and that the horizon came out approximately horizontal as I couldn't see a thing on the screen.


It had not been my plan to go down the hill today, but after being pleased so with myself for thinking to ask in the chemist's about receiving my prescription meds in more hand friendly pill bottles I then foolishly forgot to go back and pick up the pills.

As the pharmacy shut at 1.00 pm I gave thanks I didn't need them urgently, a far more pressing requirement being a long lie in... And then when I'd had one of those I give thanks for the sun being so bright and inviting and the aches and pains so minimal I went out anyway...

I give thanks for grabbing a picnic lunch to take with me... For a Tesco driver with a jolly sense of humour when I returned, and a catch up with some long overlooked household chores. For somehow finding time and energy in between to rustle up some dhal and a trifling thing for tea so that when the fatigue catches up with me again as it surely will do, suddenly and totally, I'll be all set to suddenly and totally stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics