Saturday 12 May 2018

We can work it out

I give thanks for getting a variety of work done today...housework, paperwork and patchwork! I have now completed four strips of seven blocks of nine squares and am working on the fifth and final section...

I give thanks for lots of lounging around in between...

For the neighbours being out for a big chunk of the day so that I could forget that they exist...

For a pair of rather moving documentaries, ostensibly about young people's issues regarding gender, sexuality etc...but at its heart just about people and their need to feel attractive, appreciated for who they are, listened to and accepted. I cried at the parents willingly remortgaging their house to pay for cosmetic surgery for their teenager...and the thirty year old who said whenever he had a knock back he remembered his mother's rejection and rationalised he must be worthless. I give thanks for everyone who grows up feeling loved...and for everyone who manages to be loving anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics