Friday 18 May 2018

Little things

I give thanks the kind and talented lady who made me some custom earrings a few years ago has been able to provide a replacement pair after one of the originals wandered off one day in town.

So tired today, I give thanks for eventually making it outdoors and picking up all manner of necessities and bargains, including a wheel of posh shop 'essential' camembert reduced to 59p. There's poor, and then there's Waitrose poor...

I give thanks for the money for a cab back home, and for knowing to wait for one from the supermarket rather go to the rank so that you don't pay extra for being in a traffic jam!

I give thanks for thinking 'Ooh what a treat!' settling down in front of the TV on my return with a plate of toast and a mug of tea. I know lots of folk live alone, don't go out to work and still maintain a regular schedule of meals, activities and rest but I love being able not to. I give thanks having been brought up to a more traditional Western routine I can still get a kick out of the sense of rebellion in snacking or snoozing on demand.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics