Monday 28 May 2018

Parklife

I give thanks despite a bounty of bruises, seized up joints, muscle spasms and a swollen foot nothing about my person seems to be any more broken now than it was before I got it into my head to single handedly change the position of single item in my living room apart from the lampshade, carpet and curtains! Having been mostly still today, I've been trying not to describe it as 'lazy'...I am merely doing what ought to come naturally to someone in my state of age and infirmity. Plus I'm absolutely whacked!

I give thanks for the beautiful weather. To Mima for offering me the use of her courtyard while she's away, though I was too limp and limpy to get there or to the sea. I give thanks for making it down to the communal gardens with a book and a chair for a while to enjoy the green and blue...


I give thanks for otherwise being mostly parked on my bed, listening to the layers of sounds of enjoyment... The volume of birdsong in the trees and shrubs nearby increasing as the temperature rose, the raucous humans with hangovers and power tools in the morning, jetskis in the distance in the afternoon...and the slow drone of a circling light plane. Time for a beer and a bit of a barney now, I gather...I give thanks for my bath and my earplugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics