Wednesday 9 May 2018

When the boat comes in

I give thanks for three little fishies on a little dishy - scallops unfashionably (and delightfully) unsullied by black pudding, a cracking Greek salad and for the lushest crème brûlée to follow... There were other desserts that tempted me but abstained from their various dietary sins, and didn't miss them a bit...

For the lifeboat land crew entertaining us exercising their clever truck/winch/turntable to take their craft out and stow it away again. It's a slow process, and we thought we might miss it having dinner but it was so slow that they were still doing it when we came back!

It's been grey, cool and drizzly today and I give thanks for an excuse to take it easy and rest my aching bits. I give thanks Jan was happy to go off for a walk on her own, and for being able to remember trekking off from here along the coast when I was younger and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics