Friday 4 May 2018

Not dark yet

Have you seen the news? Isn't it dreadful...the way 'they' try to make you live in fear and anger? I went through a phase of not paying any attention at all to the media's various versions of important and true but lately I've started looking at the front pages of newspapers (on the internet or in shops) to see what particular thought manipulations are in vogue, and I give thanks today their transparency actually made me laugh. Let's hope this state of mind continues!

I give thanks I keep on trying to keep compassionate thoughts in my mind no matter what goes on in the minds of others, what deeds they commit, 'mistakes' they make, misguided they seem to be. Yep, even newspaper editors and the people who pull their strings!

Last night I gave thanks for being out on a beautiful evening. It's rare for me not to be indoors after dark, but what a treat this time of year when there's still some blue in the sky until late. I give thanks for it bringing one of my favourite Dylan tracks to mind. I keep thinking it might be time to move on from the song title blog headings but then another one pops into my head.

I give thanks for a wonderful gong bath - my other favourite legal high, along with acupuncture... For a lift home from the lovely Sally afterwards with much letting off steam and laughter. I felt so much more relaxed afterwards which is a blessing in a time of particular uncertainty in my life. I feel sure these 'alternative' therapies help my wellbeing in so many ways, and though I know Western medical science would beg to differ, they've yet to come up with any other explanation for my body's repeated refusals to act according to their script. The only other thing I do that maybe a lot of their other patients don't is take supergreens (sometimes) so I'm not going to stop doing that either...oh and write a gratitude blog every day. That has become such an ingrained habit I tend to forget it's also fairly unusual. Maybe kindness really is good for you, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics