Sunday 5 July 2020

Fitting

I give thanks for being nearly there, reaching the stage of sewing up seams and hems with the loose ends of my latest yarn craft project while listening to Loose Ends from last year. It's been a while since I did some make-it-up-as-you-go-along knitting and I'm very grateful for creating a wearable garment fit for the purpose intended, and without experiencing too much stress on the joints and tendons in my hands. For starting sticking some mosaic tiles too... after solving the mystery of the glue. I thought I just didn't have strong enough grip to get the top off - which is a very common state of affairs where lids are concerned but it doesn't come off, it just twists up a bit to let the adhesive out. I give thanks for having a new skill set to learn...

It's not all been creative play of course today and I give thanks for getting on with the boring chores as well and the home improvement prep clearing more stuff out of the spare room for wallpaper to go up and carpet to go down, and a certain double glazing salesman to measure and price up for a new window that actually fits the aperture. For polenta as 'chips' today with the leftovers of the 'mash' from yesterday. What a versatile grain it is!

For the brisk breeze keeping the crowds down a little even those at the local hostelries...although maybe they all had headaches, poor things. For walking down (and up!) to see how the sea wall and walkway is progressing. You could be forgiven for thinking they are making it up as they are going along or are learning a new skill set too, but some more parts have been assembled and some of them even appear to be in the right places!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics