Thursday 30 July 2020

Martian

I forgot to say I'd been grateful yesterday for quite gentle Pembro side effects but today, maybe as I've been freed from the need to carry on regardless, they've made themselves far more noticeable and I've mostly been giving thanks for very little demanding my energy or concentration at all.  For last night's liberal application of Tiger Balm after a bath sorting out my painful back so it's just the generalised 'flu like' aches to cope with.

I give thanks for getting a few non negotiable items of clothing and crockery clean. For having planned ahead so there's nutritious food to eat requiring little preparation or more washing up to do after. For my comfy bed with a patch of bright blue sky to see in between, or not as the case may be...I thought some fresh air and sunshine might do me good and eventually it did, but I fell fast asleep as soon as I returned even though was someone using power tools not far outside the wide open window! For the spacious graciousness of the new sea wall promenade despite there still being work to do, including installation of seats which I could have done with done today. The seasonal demographic of the town has changed this summer and it feels as if all the mice from Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads are scurrying around round here instead, but it seemed calmer there somehow...and, being such a softy, it made me rather emotional to be strolling along after watching the building work going on for so many months. Also for seeing ducklings on the brook on the way home, and for goosebumps music, which of course means different music to different people but apparently some people don't react that way at all. Have they just not been listening to right sort of stuff...or are they from another planet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics