Tuesday 7 July 2020

Flowing

I give thanks for going with the flow today when neither the weather nor my body cares at all about my plans. For lots of lolling, reading, dozing and continuing with the Wellbeing course. For liking the concept of 'flow' so much I bought the book!

For finally making it to a local charity shop to drop off some bits. For the feeling of superiority at the antics of holiday makers and feral teenagers in the park...and remembering to be contrite afterwards! For the colouring of the feathers on this young swan's back...


For bravely seeing if I could brave the Co op. I've a tendency to get panicky in shops at the best of times and I've been dreading how stressful this might feel in these confusing ones. For waiting for a quiet time, and when I wanted something from there enough to try, but not desperately enough for it to matter if I failed... For managing to keep calm and carry on despite unmasked shoppers completely ignoring the signs about which way to go or where to stand. Luckily there weren't too many of them about and they could still see and react to the frown and hard stare showing above my own face covering! Won't be making a habit of it for several reasons but I give thanks for the sense of regaining some independence... and some of their lush coleslaw for my lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics