Monday 6 July 2020

Wild

I give thanks for the breeze dropping so I've been able to enjoy the gaps in the cloud and a little sunshine at each end of the day. For the open cafes and bars taking the strain off the parks and beaches somewhat. For thinking I wouldn't mind partaking of tea and cake brought to my table somewhere but the tables I've seen still look too close to me!


For dragging my rather fatigued post hospital self to a favourite rather elevated spot to sit and admire the view and, when I realised the seat was taken by folk with clanking glass in carrier bags, for the consolation prize of spotting these apples just over the fence on the embankment - was there a garden there once or did the tree grow from a discarded core I wonder... For living so close to such pleasant spots (and in a very pleasant home when I can't to them or am pipped to the post!) which helps me deal with my longing to see some other horizons and less people in larger spaces...

For more loose ends with last year's recorded Loose Ends. This time catching Blue Rose Code performing Wild Mountain Heather. It's a song that always tends to bring tears to my eye but this version had them rolling down my cheeks. Can't give you a link as though there's a podcast to listen to the song has been removed. For saving it on my TV box to I can be moved by it over and over again...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics