Wednesday 29 July 2020

Floored

I give thanks for my floor! When cars are designed I'm pretty sure very little thought goes into the comfort of back seat passengers, and my ride home today was excruciating after an already difficult spinal day. Supine on a supportive hard surface is very soothing, though there's not a lot you can do when you're there! For spotting a very convincing Spiderman and Batman at the garage we passed on the journey complete with Batmobile! It's all going to be fine now folks...

I give thanks for having extra curly hair today for some unfathomable reason....and for the fact that I actually like it that way. For remembering a conversation about these mysteries with an Italian nurse I'd not seen for many months and whose name I'd forgotten, and when I got to the hospital it was her who was ready to get those needles in!

For watching mesmerising footage of the swirling spiral of the socially distanced Haj. And for remembering how I was struck the other day by another Zen aspect of mosaic making, in which the spaces between the pieces have such significance. For dragging myself away from experimenting with a new consignment of different but still addictive sorts of tiles to try. Well, there's not much else I can spend my money on just now is there...and it sure is a pleasing way to pass the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics