Friday 24 July 2020

Homecoming

How grateful I was that it was actually as pleasant to be back on my 'home' unit as I thought it would be. For a friendly welcome from some familiar faces, and a feeling of safety and comfort even though the side room I was allocated didn't have the view of sky and trees I'd been missing, there's one less biscuit with the cuppa and a later start so a later finish of course! I gave thanks for the extra time before setting out as I was particularly stiff and sore and out of sorts this morning so had a chance to limber up and part make my tea and pootle with some crafty stuff before heading into the city.  For different scenery and for a glimpse of the Queen Victoria moored remarkably close to shore just up the coast a way as we arrived back here. A beautiful looking ship... Obviously I've no chance of cruising now but what a shame they're not doing guided tours...

For talking to people who remembered stuff about me and vice versa so we didn't have to start from scratch...I even remembered some of their names which is one thing I usually forget. For Gary sending me a most enjoyable clip of interviews from the lead actors in the End of series. For the real homecoming of the day and week...and lots of damp crowd dispersing weather in the forecast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics