Wednesday 15 July 2020

Red

There's so much traffic again now, and mostly I'm not grateful for that at all but it does mean sometimes the hospital transport is stationery by gloriously lush hedgerows or old stone walls and I love looking at those up close. I give thanks for living somewhere where there is still so much rural scenery to enjoy, even if just in passing! You have to sit in the back of the car for distancing of course, and as all vehicles now have enormous headrests I'm always looking sideways, often transfixed by the fascinating changing sky...and any raptors catch my eye. Not long ago I saw what I thought was an extra large buzzard, and a couple of times I've seen seen glimpses of forked tails and have told myself they 'can't' be red kites as received ornithological wisdom seems to be this is too far south - even trying to convince myself they were regular local birds of prey with chewed up feathers which logically must be even more unlikely. Today however I watched a bird that was so exactly like a red kite wheeling gracefully on thermals over the edge of some old woodland I don't know what else it could be! I give thanks I don't drive or I'd have missed it, and that I had to go to the dialysis unit or I'd not have been on that road at all...

I felt exhausted when I got home... (sometimes the treatment makes you feel better, sometimes worse) so was grateful I'd already made a pot of dahl this morning. Isn't it funny how red lentils cook to yellow? For rallying enough eventually o daub some old paint on some old furniture. That was yellow all along...though not the yellow it says on the tin as I do like to mix things up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics