Thursday 23 July 2020

Hooked

I'm grateful today wasn't all about cancer, but it was more about that, and my other health concerns, than I'd have preferred when in combination they made me in need of a day on the sofa with Netflix and biscuits and tea. I give thanks for repeatedly reminding myself to stop thinking and just be...in between doing what needed to be done.

I give thanks for grey weather to go with my grey mood. For a mask to hide behind when I hobbled up to our wonderful local health food shop where they take my shopping list via Messenger and have it all weighed and bagged ready for me to collect at the door.

For the damp afternoon making it easier to park when Julie and Spencer came to collect a hefty load for the recycling centre, creating more room in the spare room ready for wallpapering, for a comfortable space when that's completed, and in the meantime spreading out the new chest and drawers for some serious scrubbing while I decide how to paint it. No rush - only managed to clean one and a half drawer fronts so far! Not that they're so very dirty, just that I'm feeling so feeble and my hands and wrists are so sore.

I give thanks the basic mosaic I've been dabbling in has been remarkably gentle on these parts, less so than typing or domestic chores or any other crafts I do. Another reason why I enjoy it so much I'm sure. I'd been a little concerned the grouting stage might seem a bit of a let down after the fun I had playing with colours and shapes, so I'm grateful I find that very satisfying, and also exciting as the finished design is revealed. The only problem I've had so far is how to wash the mucky rag without clogging up the drains. So I gave thanks when I'd finished for the day and saw it had started raining - much against my knees' better judgement I went downstairs and hung it over a dustbin for a good rinsing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics