Sunday 26 July 2020

Water-based

Mmm... I give thanks for drizzly summer Sundays when I have plenty to do indoors. For just enough brightness between the showers for trippers to brighten the day for local businesses, traipsing about between the adventure golf and gift shops clutching ice cream and chips...and not nearly enough to persuade me to make myself presentable and fight for a place in the fleeting sun. For watching the steps by the railway reappearing as the scaffolding and hoarding boards thar have been there for many months are gradually taken away.

I give thanks for generally taking it easy, but gradually getting a few things done. For enough odds and ends of paint to spruce up the drawers for my mosaic tiles materials though I was horrified to realise on opening an as yet unused tin of something I thought was a close substitute for the very pleasing satinwood I've used before, that this one wasn't water-based. Ych a fi, quelle horreur etc! I'm grateful there was some white spirit left under the sink here when I moved in but I didn't really want to use that nasty VOC laden stuff either... For a soothing play with aforementioned crafty bits while waiting for varnish to dry...

I give thanks for getting ahead with the cooking as I'm scheduled for three hospital treatments days in a row at the start of next week and will need some quick and nourishing food. The trick now is to leave that alone and make something else for supper...that's going to be egg-based I reckon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics