Thursday 2 July 2020

Forgettable

I give thanks for gasping over and over again at the changing colours of the sea in yesterday's clear evening light. I've mostly a pretty good memory but a good view can astound me afresh each time I see it...even if the previous one was just a few minutes before!

It's much easier to notice good stuff around you when you're already in a good frame of mind...and though being aware and on the look out for pleasant experiences does have a cumulative effect it doesn't make you immune to the human condition. There will be times when your focus is all on what's gone wrong, what you're not happy with, what feels uncomfortable to your body or mind. I'm grateful for understanding this as this has been me today. Contrary to popular opinion I'm not always upbeat and in touch with the bright side all of the time. I don't think anyone is, but as a friend of mine who is also often erroneously thought of as permanently positive says, it's not that you don't get down it's how you deal with it when you do. So really in this post just giving thanks for dealing with it, for accepting the sense of failing even in my best efforts at that is just part of the gloomy grumbly mood. For the next stage being a bath and forgetting it all with fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics