Saturday 25 July 2020

Abridged

I give thanks for a lovely long deep sleep - apart from the extended wakefulness in the middle making it two too short lovely deep sleeps! For managing to stagger through the out of sorts and disconnected day that followed. For dampness and intermittent rainy clouds keeping the crowds at bay, so that I managed to move myself stagger around outside for a while too. For walking easing the pain in my back from grovelling on the floor painting bits of that chest of drawers...it also gave my sore hands a rest but obviously not my knees

I give thanks for the bridge over the railway being open and standing on it to watch the men at work trying to finish the behind schedule walkway on the wall while beginning to clear away their temporary constructions and kit. For admiring the enterprising ice cream van parked in one of the few spaces not blocked off for their vehicles to catch the trade passing to and fro from the cove...and then reading when I got home that they were free ice creams given away by Network Rail to apologise for the delay I suppose. I'm grateful I didn't know before as I might have been even more tempted! For giving in to the call of reduced price cheesecake in the Co op instead. I've missed picking up end of day bargains there and this had quite renally friendly ingredients and a delicious not-too-sweet taste.

For seeing people on holiday and remembering how good that easing of responsibility feels. For trying to be happy for them and not sad for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics