Monday 13 July 2020

Restorative

I gave thanks for sunshine this morning and hurrying through my chores to walk a little way out of the town to enjoy it before my transport came. My joints and muscles are still very sore but this was worth the pain for the gain of getting away from the gathering crowds. For the rain this evening refreshing the earth and plants and trees...and making the tourists disappear refreshing my spirits too! Every summer I remind myself we who live in this beautiful part of the country must share, but this year for me, no matter how illogical, it feels rather as if the visitors are taking all of the nice weather and pleasant places to be and leaving me with not much at all...

I give thanks for an OK day at the unit and for the extra physical energy to bring home from nice clean blood. For the extra enthusiasm too for doing what I can do myself after Clive doing some of what I can't. For filler and paint, and how they can make so many things look better...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics