Friday 3 July 2020

Forgivable

I give thanks for lavender oil and a freezer full of frosty things when, while making a hasty tasty supper, I distractedly grasped a very hot pan and burnt my hand. I give thanks it was my left hand which takes it's time to get a grip and lift, and by devoting the rest of the evening to first, second and third aid it's just a little tender today. For remembering my tendency to be accident prone when low in spirits...and again when I forgot I'd not run the spin cycle and the machine let me open the door with it full - ugh! For a large towel to hand that hadn't made that load of washing but wasn't pristine clean...

I'm grateful for understanding the reason I've not found the latest lectures in the Wellbeing course quite so helpful this week, is probably partly because the course was produced in pre-pandemic days for healthy young university students with abundant current opportunities and the promise of successful futures ahead. I need to adapt the suggested techniques for avoiding hedonic adaptation and reset my reference points including the intrinsic reference points of the tutor and her group! For still finding the psychology of it very interesting.

I give thanks for a damp chilly start to the weekend which mysteriously has a Bank Holiday feel despite the fact that it's not, nor am I included in any of the potential new freedoms...and even if it were and I was I'd still not have the Monday off!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics