Tuesday 27 December 2011

Afters

Just back from seeing Bob off. The train before the train before his was delayed so he decided to make a dash for the train before as his had only a seven minute connection window so not loads of room for delays. I thought it would be cold but it wasn't really and I went down to the seafront after to watch the waves a while. Quite a few others doing the same, exercising dogs and children and themselves in the dark on the sands. Much gratitude for my lovely laid back home town...and for a still, mild night

Much thanks for my lovely laid back son too. We had a very lazy morning before cooperating on one of our legendary veggie shepherds pies. I do the bottom and he does the top and we've been perfecting our parts for many years. Today's was one of the best combinations ever and he has leftovers to take on the train and I have some in the fridge. I did the decent thing as a mother and let him take the last of my scrummy cheese pastries too but forgot to offer the remaining chocolate mini rolls and flapjacks...honest, I completely forgot! Gratitude to Helen for braving M&S to bring them to me before the weekend and to John and Jo for all the tasty things they contributed. Even if Mr Tesco doesn't come until next year I don't think I'll go hungry...

Gratitude for solitude again now and for knowing how to enjoy it. It's good to be with others, it's good to be alone...and best to be content with both. Gratitude for finding a few entertaining offerings among the seasonal TV dross and for my store of well chosen recordings as back up. For my snuggly new throw urging me to rest on the sofa and my washing machine chuntering away in the kitchen starting the clearing up!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angel,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog today.
    I also enjoy my own company, but it's nice to share it with others.

    I'm off for a cup of tea & a mini roll now :)
    Take care Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics