Sunday 18 December 2011

Excuses, excuses

Pretty sunset sky tonight...well this afternoon really - it already seems like the middle of the evening now! Never mind, not long now and the days start drawing out again. I’m grateful for the sight of variously shaped and tinted clouds as I worked on hanging and hemming the curtains at the window. The actual decorating is as done as it’s going to be this side of Christmas but there’s still lots of sorting out to do partly to mask the fact it isn’t finished and partly just to the make the room cosy and comfortable again. One curtain still needs pressing and hemming, the contents of the bookcase need to be replaced, the new lampshades put on the lamps etc etc. and the bedroom and kitchen restored to their normal state of fairly clean and tidy again after absorbing the mess and muddle for so long. I give thanks that things have come so far and look so much more pleasant and that I’ve found the strength to get them a bit further. I also give thanks that the veggie cottage pie I ‘threw together’ whilst attending to the other chores was no worse than a bought one and didn’t have to be thrown away! Not up to my usual standards though. I’m out of practice at cooking it seems and fear for the festive nourishment of my guests...

I’m grateful for a variety of TV to watch today (not necessarily all broadcast today) to keep me company and to comfort and confound me as required. As Mimi pointed out, it has advantages over reality as you can turn things off or pause them til you’re ready. I’m grateful I’ve got far more done than I thought I would. It’s the last uninterrupted day I have for a while so good to get stuck into things. And mostly I’m grateful I can’t do the washing up as there’s a cushion cover drip drying in the sink. Can’t spin it as it’s got beads on...and can’t move it to the bathroom in case it gets red dye on the new light brown carpet on the way. Phew...glad I got away with that one, ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. Angel my flower, if you have a spin only programme on your washing machine; might be worth considering putting cushion cover inside out, and in a very small net wash bag, or old pillow case, have washed things with sequins and small beads on and spun them on a slow spin before now with no harm, but if they are silk I can imagine your reticence at doing so. Hope your not feeling so bushed today; certainly the weather hasn't given us any reason to be joyful.
    Its getting late in the day Angel, hope your not feeling too swiped out. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Pat ...I’m fine thanks just a busy day and if I’d spun the cushion cover there would have been no excuse not to do the washing up would there? Hope you’re doing OK and pain is easing.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics