Wednesday 21 December 2011

The right attitude to rain

Yes, I thought of Quavers but I don’t like them...and Q tips but I don’t use them and Quidditch but I don’t play! And yes I thought of that interesting chap Quentin Crisp but the ones I remembered too late to add last night were...quilts and quizzes and Q from the James Bond movies.

R is for rest and recuperation and recreation, radio (tuned to the station of your choice), rhythm and rhyme, rainbows. reindeer, roses and ranunculus, rain, rhubarb, raspberries, raisins, ricecakes and rum!

I went out last night to a restaurant for a meal for the first time since...um...the summer before last I think! Very nice it was too, and thanks to Jared for taking me! We went to a tapas/mezze bar and ordered far too much food but most of it was very delicious so we ate more than we thought we would. The stuffed vine leaves were my favourite...He also bought me Lushly things...how nice is that? I’m grateful for all of the above as you might imagine and also for the fact that it rained when we were in the restaurant but not walking to there from the car and back...

I’m grateful I’ve done ‘most’ of the major sorting and cleaning I had planned for before the weekend - depends where you draw the line, ha ha! I know someone will be tempted to say ‘Oh you don’t need to be bothered about the chores’, and I know I don’t, I just like them done! But I’m going to have a bit of a rest before I try anymore and am grateful for my lack of perseverance now and then... And I’m grateful that the work colleague is back on my FB friends list but where has Tony gone? Is it me? Is it Facebook?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angel
    Glad you enjoyed your restaurant meal.
    Just glanced at the CRUK sight and was amused that Jck Holly has decided to call you Hoody.
    Best wishes
    Mimi
    P.S.Gave up on the Qs.you are too good.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics