Monday 12 December 2011

Lovely day!


I woke this morning rather grim and grumpy and with all manner of aches and pains and problems and tedious chores to attend to...and then when I pulled up the kitchen blind look what I saw....moonset!
Oh joy!



And I had to take a picture and zoom in a little too..and even though my camera's not that hot I hope you get the idea of how lovely a sight it was and how it lifted my spirits...
Then, when I'd made my cup of tea and come through into the living room on the other side of the building the sun was bursting out from behind a clump of cloud on the horizon. I felt so happy and blessed, even though none of the pains and problems had gone away and it was just my state of mind that had changed, that's the best thing to change of all because without a good state of mind anything else is wasted. And I beat those chores and problems into submission and went out.

I set off down the hill and then thought No, sod it! it's not going to hurt any more to go the slightly longer way round via the sea so I did and had hot chocolate and a tea cake at the friendly outdoor cafe right on the sea wall in astonishingly warm sunshine before doing my town tasks. It was tempting to abandon them and walk a little while but I can't go far and I had to save some strength to queue in the Post Office so I did the sensible thing and went and did the sensible things... But when I'd finished those and was hobbling a bit with bags that seemed very heavy towards the taxi rank as the clouds begun to build up...it seemed so sad to be going home back to indoors. I love being out so much, even getting into a cab seemed a waste of that last bit of sunny day. So I went back to the cafe for a toastie for my lunch and walked back up the hill! My body was complaining loudly but my soul was singing much louder still. It loves being outdoors so much and I give it so little these days...

Anyway, my Streak has gone to Streak hospital and I'm having to type this the old fashioned way and it's not just my hands that are needing a rest so I'd better get on with the I's, I think. I's I'm grateful for are...inspiration, intuition, ideas, irridescence and incandescence, islands (especially the Hebrides where I lived when I was little and the Isles of Scillies where I last felt BIG...but tropical ones are pretty good too!), the internet, ice skaters, insects and incense and ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics