Saturday 10 December 2011

Killing time

Hi Mimi (it's the statscounter by the way), Hi Pat (hope the you get another bite of the cherry soon!)...Hi Carol if she reads this, my previous post was kind of inspired by hers of the last couple of days around the subject of 'being told how long you've got' on confessionsofacancerpatient.blogspot.com. I know I bore the whatevers off everybody saying this but we do not know what will carry us off and I for one would hate my last thoughts, as the bus bears down on me or the giant (presumably land based) shark opens its jaws, to be along the lines of...Oh it wasn't the illness then...'I needn't have worried, could have smoked more fags and not bothered with the decorating at all!'

'Twas another difficult night with the neighbours here but I'm feeling pretty rubbish anyway and it would be unjust to blame it on them. I'm up and dressed and I've put a rather dobby coat of Dulux Ecosense Featherdown paint on my rather ramshackle fake fire place and am now thinking about a (s)light repast and then maybe some more sewing while I catch up with some recorded TV. I have abandoned all but useful creative tasks for now, no Tree of Life, no charity projects, just things that I need doing like clothes alterations, mending and so on. It's a clear day and I long to be down by the sea but am far too feeble so the phrase 'cutting ones coat according to ones cloth' is eminently suitable.


I give thanks for the view...it's astonishing what you can actually see when you learn to focus through the tracery of bare branches. This is not meant to be metaphoric but take it as you will...I give thanks for the tracery on my wallpaper too...


I give thanks for this delicious Tropicana juice I'm sipping and for the fact that the next two episodes of the Killing are on later. I'm grateful I've sent cards to long absent friends...I don't know if some of them are where they were when last I heard from them and  I worried a little that it might make them feel uncomfortable if they were and the cards reached them but decided that was their problem....

Anyway, G...G is for generosity and gratitide and grace and greetings, for giraffes, gardens, gorges and grass (not the weed sort, ha ha!), for Green & Blacks, glitter, Gaudi, glasses (of all kinds) and guitars.

1 comment:

  1. Well Angel, looks like we are girls on the same colour palette, I used ecosense emulsion on 3 walls of my lounge in featherdown, the 4th was wallpapered, not sure you would get the pattern if I photographed it though, not such good lighting in my lounge as yours! Second bite of the cherry I very much hope not at saniflo engineers prices, though I might be tempted if the cherries actually didn't cost a fortune at the grocers. Patxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics