Thursday 15 December 2011

Filling time

Yes, lizards and lilacs are good Mimi and lavender and lavatories that I forgot before, ha ha! And yes my new carpet smells great though the carpet fitter insisted this was the glue I could smell...well then clearly woolly sheep and jumpers smell of glue as well because it smells of wool to me and it's a wool carpet. It doesn't smell anything like the inside of a car Pat, well unless it's a car with a sheep in (a welshman on a date perhaps?)

The kidney chap was very nice and said basically what we all knew really ie. that there's not much he can do. There is no treatment for ailing kidneys - you can replace them (but before you all rush to offer to donate, you can't have the drugs to stop you rejecting a transplant if you have cancer) and you can do their job artificially through dialysis. I'm not yet at the stage where this is necessary and he reminded me I would have to consider how much it would actually improve my quality of life if things got that far.

I think he was already a bit woried about my quality of life, bless him. Pat will know about this one! They go...so who lives at home with you? No one. So do you have friends and family you can call on...No. So do you have a network of support...I don't even have a budgie, I say! Like all the other health care professionals I encounter he seemed rather surprised I was as physically and psychologically well as I am, given the various circumstamces. I explain I'm a tough cookie. It's a shame they can't find the gene for that eh? Anyway, he suggests a bit more monitoring because of all the extra risk factors with toxin levels, blood pressure, anaemia and so on. So yeah, whatever...at least he didn't try telling me what to/not to eat! I'm grateful for that!

I'm grateful I had some of my veggie stew in the freezer and that I didn't swallow my filling that came out while I was eating it. And YES I did defrost it first! That's the second filling come out this week, one I could manage for a while but two means ringing the dentist tomorrow. I'm grateful I got to Exeter and back without trauma or tempest and that someone on the bus back could see where we were through the filthy windows or I'd have gone past my stop. I didn't get rained on except just before I got indoors. And I'm grateful for coming home to my really fake fire...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angel, glad that your trip to Exeter was reasonable and that the weather wasn't as horrible as the forecast predicted. Your fire looks good, slightly different design to mine which is just as fake, but give them their due the designers do quite a good job with the realism fire effect. My cats continue to sit right near even when I switch the heat off but leave the flames. Hope you get your fillings sorted right quick, could be the oil of cloves on cotton wool over Christmas otherwise Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics