Wednesday 28 December 2011

Wait watch

I liked the bit when I gave up trying to sort the day out. I lay flat on the sofa dropping my thoughts into the void...loving the almost silence, the almost perfectly blank sky behind the. gently waving bare branches. Much thanks for peacefulness inside and out...Then the phone rang! It was the nurses to say they had me down for an afternoon visit and should they still come? I said not as just in case I did go out  didn't know how long I'd be. Meanwhile I missed a mobile call from lunch friend...I called him back and left a voicemail...while I did that I got a text saying he hadn't got my text...

This kind of thing continued for some time but finally, finally I got to meet Jared and we hurried over to Bovey Tracy for some food marvelling at the graphite dark sky and dayglo rainbows on the way. Gratitude for these visual delights and for remembering to watch out for the mosaic in the bus shelter on the way as spotted by Bob on Boxing Day (but missed by me then). Gratitude that our destination was open and still serving food and that we managed to fill ourselves up very pleasantly before a quick round trip of the moor before darkness fell, in and out of heavy haily showers but with bright full sun shining above the horizon before it dropped behind.

Thanks for an evening of much horizontalness planned and so far that plan adhered to...oh and thanks for still being slim enough to munch chocolates without a qualm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics