Tuesday 20 December 2011

Little boxes

Paracetamol, playfulness...Oh, no we’re on Q now aren’t we? Now remember we’re supposed to be thinking of things we personally are grateful for or pleased by that begin with Q not just showing that we know some words that do! Hmmm, quips, queuing (as opposed to pushing in), QI ,quantum physics and quorn may be all I come up with though I have the feeling I’ve forgotten something obvious...

I’ve had a busy morning again but both the nurse and the surgical supplies have been so I am off duty now. Trevor, the nurse actually went down and collected the big box of kit for me, bless him, as it arrived when he was here. He said the chemist delivery driver and he used to work together in a furniture shop – now there’s random for you! Someone going up and down the stairs for me is a real Christmas treat... On Monday the taxi driver put my rubbish in the bin for me which was also a bonus...he had been going to put it in his cab til I explained that was not was where I was taking it! I am grateful for these little things but I wish my Streak would come home though so I can tell you more easily...

I have organised the cupboard under the stairs yet again to swallow up an even larger amount of items than usual. The stereo and CDs and so on are still in there as the shelf has not long had its last coat of gloss and a lot of things waiting to go to charity shops or recycling in the new year...or be mended or made when the sewing machine is next set up. And the upshot of this is that I can now move round my bed so can actually change the bedclothes for which I’m truly grateful but not yet though, much too tiring!

Lastly I’m grateful too that we now have a cardboard recycling bin in town here. This is good not just because I’m so ecologically sound but because it’s in the big car park nearest me...en route to the pretty steps under the trees and the big views and the friendly cafe. I can be ecologically sound without going into town...I intend to be ecologically sound as often as my legs will carry me, ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Angel,
    Couldn't think of many words beginning with'q' so had a look on the scrabble web site...wow,
    theres loads! and some of the quakiest words i've ever seen.....must add quavers ( the cheesy type )

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so much a word, but an interesting person Angel (though my guess him and his dust theory are not your favourite), Quentin Crisp, mind you he could be no longer with us, or in his case, the Americans. Clean bedding wonderful, but causes a lot of work like washing, drying and ironing, and when you have changed it you really want to climb right in, sort of counter productive. Tuesday Angel and 'csi' programmes made to couch potato in front of, yippee! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics