Tuesday 27 December 2011

Last words

Hmmm. I've been thinking about the end of the alphabet right since the beginning and don't want it to turn into a demonstration of extensive vocabulary or research skills. Knowing  and using a wide variety of words is something to appreciate and be grateful for...showing off about it when unnecessary is rather shameful in my opinion! I suspect that few of us are truly grateful for X words very often...though Patrick Moore (or anyone else for that matter) playing a proper orchestral xylophone is always a delight! Y is easier for me at least, as I love the fragrance of ylang ylang and give thanks that even tip-of-the-iceberg knowledge of yoga can enhance suppleness of spirit and limbs. Then there's yoghurt and yurts and yeti and yin and yang and Yoda...but with Z we're in danger of slipping off into smarty pants mode again. Zinnia's are pretty and zephyrs delightful and zoos are sometimes kind and good...and that's pretty much all I have to say on the subject... Zzzzz!

1 comment:

  1. That's cheered me up today Angel, love it when you spike the guns of dictionary pundits, not sure if your favourite QI person would play the game though, as he would be a one-upmanship member!
    Have cooked up a storm in readiness of a gannet invasion later(more will arrive tomorrow when my daughter will descend with her two), and decided to have a pyjamas day as well, so at least I have kept cool in my 7ft x 7ft wall to wall kitchen. Tomorrow I can take it easy, and they can get on with it, no doubt I will get to do the washing up, both of them have dishwashers and laziness built in!! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics