Thursday 22 December 2011

Family friends

I'm here at the laptop on the sofa briefly and thought I'd say hello! Bob's due in a little while and I'm pretty much ready for a nap but a package that has my Streak in has arrived and all being well I should be back on 'flat' line by tomorrow at the latest...

I’m grateful I saw Helen after so long, that she brought a thoughtful gift from Amy and she dropped me off in the cardboard car park so that I could recycle and spend a minute or two alone with the sea on my way to acupuncture. I’m grateful for a good treatment and chat and for a delicious hot chocolate at the Global Aroma cafe to perk me up for getting a couple of odds and ends required...before coming back for a much required rest. I’m grateful that I bit the proverbial bullet once again and tried to contact cousins again via Facebook friend requests...one of them has actually replied. I have communicated with someone I am blood related to who isn’t Bob for the first time in...I don’t know how long...fifteen years?

PS. About an hour later...My Streak is back and in my hand and my finger sliding restfully to and fro on its surface. Just now my favourite S is my Streak!

2 comments:

  1. Good evening Angel,
    So glad you have your Streak back, it's not the same having to make do with alternatives.
    and i'm also glad that your son Bob is coming to spend some time with you. " Hi Bob if you read this and a merry Christmas to you too "

    If you didn't catch my last message on FB I noted that i'd caught up and noticed you eventually got your mini rolls......hope you save one for Bob mind lol,

    Take care Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angel, the reunion with your son (you can SHOOT me if I got that wrong)and your streak makes this a red letter day for the week. If things fall quiet over the next few days I will not be worrying about you, cos I guess (and hope) you will not be alone over the weekend, and you two could be under the influence of a very squiffy trifle. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics