Friday 2 December 2011

Lucid

You know when you know you're dreaming? That sounds like the beginning of a quip or a joke doesn't it, but it's not, it's just me setting the scene for telling you about my dream last night. I'd met up with a bunch of old friends and acquaintances and was walking in the countryside with my cousin Sally (that's Adam's sister for regular readers who like to keep track). The field in front of us was suddenly inundated by a big wave so we stopped and began to turn back but in the distance we could see the sea with huge waves splashing about and big dips in between where the water had built up to make them. We were going 'Oh Wow!, scared but fascinated but I thought it looked a bit over dramatic and then I looked at Sally and said 'This is a dream isn't it? If it's a dream, let's fly!' and we did that jumping up diving into the air thing you do when you fly in your dreams and flew off. I'm grateful for a bit of fun with my (almost) subconscious...

Gratitude too that I've done so much more today than I imagined I would, including mending the lamp that fell over and broke while I was trying to get to the hard to get to part of the room to do the work that's not been done because it's so hard to get to. The ceramic base broke but round the back where the wire goes in and in (mostly) one big piece that fitted back in the hole. The other bits either vaporised or fell through a worm hole in the carpet so I didn't have to try to arrange them around the join so I'm kind of grateful for that. The bulb didn't break either though the shade took quite a battering protecting it...but I have new shades waiting for when the lamps have a less adventurous life. And I'm very very grateful the last bit of wall is now painted with some spare emulsion (thanks John and Jo!) and ready for lining paper (thanks Heidi and Ivor!) and top paper and paint (thanks Laura and me!).

I give thanks for a bit of a text chat with Bob and with Pat from the hospital saying that she's doing OK after her op yesterday and that my day's chores are over apart from finishing my Tesco order so that some lounging on my displaced sofa is on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics