Thursday 8 December 2011

Almost human

I give thanks this evening for not being sensible earlier on and taking a taxi into town but taking an on foot detour instead to walk along the seafront in the wind and rain...lovely jubbly! I give thanks to Rachel for taking in a package for me and for bringing it to my treatment today and for needling me gently and making me feel almost human for a while. I give thanks for finding some of the bits I was looking for in the local shops and for finding some things I wasn't...but whatever happened to tablespoons eh? I give thanks that when I got home tired and aching I did another sensible thing and quickly started chopping vegetables before I sat down and almost before I knew it I had a big pot of tomatoey sauce with mushrooms and courgettes etc in to have some of with pasta and tuna tonight and some to save for something else another time. It'd been several days since I've felt up to making real food, let alone eating any so this was a fine turn up for the books...and afterwards I even washed up, I shall be very grateful for that in the morning...or afternoon, or whenever I get up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics