Tuesday 13 December 2011

Can you help?

Glad you sound like you’re doing OK Pat...hope Lynn is too. I’m not feeling so good myself today and can’t work out what to do for the best on Thursday when I have to see the kidney man. I could probably get patient transport but sometimes it makes me so impatient because basically you’re stuck in a stranger’s car and they always seem to think you must be a tad feeble minded as well as feeble bodied...or lonely and in need of constant company and chit chat...or want to talk about illnesses and things...and you never get any peace to think about what you’re there for, or look out of the window or have a cup of tea or anything else for that matter!

Plan A was to get a train as I can get a cab to the station here where I can wait in the relative warm and dry, and then a bus from a city station to the hospital...but I'm quite tired and sore and crowds and standing and bumping and stuff doesn’t appeal. I can’t even get enthusiastic about a few minutes in Lush or Primark...it’s going to be pretty dire this time of year isn’t it, and there's nothing I actually need? So maybe a bus all the way...straight from just down the road to just outside the hospital...hmm, well it’s a long but pretty ride but there’s no shelter this end and the service can be erratic timewise and I don’t want to be a drowned cold rat before I leave town. Also it’s another hour’s ride back and I don’t know how long I’m going to be actually at the hospital. It could be a long tiring day doing very little but sitting on my bum. If anyone has any bright ideas, or maybe a private helicopter and pilot I could borrow please let me know asap.

4 comments:

  1. Angel, this is one time when I wish I lived right near you: would happily take you to your appointment. Book TAPS my dear sole, and put your head in a book and look as if your reading. Sit diagonally from him/her and then they cannot see you in the rear view mirror! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat. Isn't it funny how when you can't make up your mind about a choice, if someone gives you their opionion it clarifies yours? I've realised that (to me) any option is better than the well intentioned volunteers and as long as I can make it on my own I will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angel,
    I'm doing well thank you, I hope your journey on Thursday goes well, and if you do decide to get the patient transport, I hope whoever is sharing the ride has half a brain at least!, you could try wearing very dark sunglasses? that way you needn't make any eye contact,

    I'm not sure what your meeting with your kidney man is about....erm, yes your kidneys, but you know what I mean? but I hope that goes well too,

    Lovely to be chatting again, and Pat it's lovely to hear your doing ok too,

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that serves me right, interfering old battleaxe! But then Angel, I went to bed chuckling at the perverse stance taken, maybe even reverse strategy makes a dilemma clear cut! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics