Tuesday 11 October 2011

Growth

First of all today I'd like to give thanks on behalf of my re-potted palm that looks so healthy and happy in its new home. I swear it's grown another inch but I can't tell for sure as when I said it was a little taller than me I was downplaying the situation...it's currently a little taller that I can reach to measure without standing on something so around 6' 6" I reckon. Not a record holder I know but it always astonishes me when I become mindful of the fact of how big it actually is. Like living with a living person whose appearance gradually changes and you assimilate the day to day changes without really taking them in until you see an old photo. I'm hoping it thickens out a little round the trunk now...which of course you don't often wish about your human companions!


Here it is valiantly trying to beautify my flat not long after I moved in and when all that had been done was a wall removed so that the kitchen and the kitchen window were in the same room!






...and here it is in a different position (otherwise it would be probably be doing the washing up!) and clearly thriving on the improvements over the last three or four years...

and here (in case you're wondering) is the part of the room it was in before. I would like to express gratitude to the people who helped me achieve this transformation. Most are sadly no longer part of my life...well sadly on my part...possibly delightedly on theirs!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angel,
    Just thought i'd try again! love your palm by the way, my weeds are nearly as high!!. I won't type too much incase i'm typing for nothing ( sigh ) lol,
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo, Eee am easily pleased!!, you'll be sick of me soon now i'm 'back', Really missed posting on your blog, Take care for now,
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics