Tuesday 18 October 2011

When the chips are down

This evening I give thanks for the sight of the sea on my way to my acupuncture. It was so flat it was hard to imagine where the momentum came for the little wavelets breaking on the sands. For a l while it was sunny and not too windy and the few people I met on the short bit of seafront on my route all seemed glad to there and cheerily greeting each other and me.

I didn't linger in town after my treatment but hastily bought the bits I needed and got a taxi home. I'm so grateful one was there on the rank waiting... I've been feeling very poorly today with all my various ailments and would happily have stayed in bed all day if I could. I give thanks to Rachel for therapeutic needling and to Becky for helping me get away quickly after. I give thanks that all I have to do is doze on the sofa tonight and hope for more resting tomorrow though of course the usual essentials will have to be done in between bouts of inactivity. I'm grateful for all the things I have to watch and read and amuse myself with in the bits when watching the inside of my eyelids loses its appeal. I'm grateful that I've so little appetite and can subsist on little snacks and don't need to be bustling in the kitchen or organising fresh supplies. I'm grateful for the miracle that is an oven chip...

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, have a restful day. Juanita x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel, oven chips, chunky & rustic with the skins still on. Yum with a cod fillet lightly dusted with seasoned crumb, and all in the oven together on a foil try, 24 minutes, and hardly any washing up, ideal. Takes me longer sometimes to feed the cats than it does me.
    Sleep well Angel, and have a lazy Wednesday. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics