Wednesday 26 October 2011

Is it curtains for me?

Yay! I got up and dressed...scraped and sanded a couple of feet of skirting board, made something to eat and ate it! Good eh? Can I go back to bed now, please? Guess not but time for a rest again and then hopefully I'll get another couple of feet scraped and sanded and a coat of undercoat on. That was my project for today - to get a bit more undercoated because I feel a deep need for the decorating to be finished and even though I now work as effectively as an elf in mittens every tiny bit I do is a bit less to be done. If I can't manage another stint I might try a stitch of curtains. The curtains are the nicest job for me at the moment because they are mostly done sitting down and don't need as much muscle power as the other jobs...

Here is the work in progress hung up to check the length. I've done a bit more on the one you see since then and the other has been begun. It's only attaching pieces of fabric and ribbon to plain curtains but like taking away pieces from a stone block that aren't a statue they do have to be the right bits in the right place!

I give thanks for what I've achieved, for finding and assessing reserves of stamina and strength and for knowing when to keep going and when to keel over! I give thanks to Laura for taking me to Trago to choose the fabric and to finding the ribbon I wanted in our little sewing shop here and on line. I give thanks for remembering an early edition of Crimewatch I was watching at home with my mum and her saying no one would own up to owning the curtain the body was wrapped in as the sewing was so bad! And also for remembering sitting in a quiet little country pub not far from here one evening with a young friend and his phone going and hearing him exclaim 'On TV? Now? Are you joking...I'm on Crimewatch?' Some sidelong glances from those around followed that as you can imagine, but he was just an innocent member of a crowd that the camera happened to pan across slow enougn and close enough to be instantly recognisable to anyone who knew him! I also give thanks for dreams...I've been waking up several times in recent nights so get a whole range of trips into my subconscious mind. It's like having random films on shuffle - comedy, horror, romance, fantasy...who knows what's coming next? Bit like life itself really...

1 comment:

  1. Angel the curtains are beautiful, is that a gold coloured indian type sari brocade in a broad swathe across the bottom? Very striking indeed, and did you used to play the mandolin I see hanging on the wall? In my minds eye I can see you playing a Indian Sitar (spelling) Ravi Shankar being a well known player. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics