Sunday 16 October 2011

At peace

Keep thinking about St Peter's church in Buckland in the Moor. It was one of the most peaceful places I've ever been in. I had quite an urge just to lie down on one of the pews and rest but there were so many beautiful and interesting things to see. If I'd had my camera you'd have lots of pictures to see them too! Although there were a few people about the whole village was very silent and still in the hazy late afternoon light, the trees just turning colour in the thick woodlands thereabouts and it seemed almost unreal...a bit of a Shangri-la or Brigadoon.

Anyway, I've decided to think about that peaceful lying down feeling this afternoon in the MRI machine. I give thanks that I have this thought to carry with me and a car to carry me there and one to bring me home again. And that my friends are stripping more wallpaper now as I lounge in bed too tired to join them yet!

1 comment:

  1. I've been back to Buckland this afternoon, and posted a picture of St Peters on your fb page, well I think it's the same one!!

    Hope this afternoon goes quick for you and that your soon back home enjoying your own surroundings ( feet up with a nice cuppa )

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics