Saturday 15 October 2011

Saturday morning pictures

Well I've just been on cancerchat praising someone for listing what she's grateful for so I'd better practice what I praise eh? It is so easy to slip into the moans isn't it? This bit hurts, that thing doesn't work, someone's not helping etc etc...but if nothing else we should be grateful we can use words and the internet to tell people how we feel. And I am, as ever, awestruck by the fact that squiggles on a page or pixcels on a screen convey emotion, create an image, transport us with a tale or description. Give thanks for that miracle as you read this...

The birds are very chirrupy and chirpy this morning...I give thanks for that too it's a sort of round cartoony sound. Does anyone else feel sounds almost as seeing shapes or is that just me? I think this has happened all my life and is not a phenomena associated with recent suspected alien life forms in my brain. There's a posh name for it but I couldn't type it even if I looked it up! I like it anyway so I'm expressing gratitude for that...

I'm grateful a finger of sunlight just tenderly touched my bed. I'm grateful for a mug of tea in my favourite mug...there's a picture of it somewhere on here... I'm grateful I have visitors coming today but don't have to clean and tidy as they are here to make a mess! I'm grateful for finding an Eccles cake left in the tin and fancying eating it. I'm grateful Juanita mentioned reading Bill Bryson's At Home as I am now too and enjoying it. I like the way he tells you things you didn't know and makes you want to know more. I'm grateful when people make knowing more seem a pleasant thing to do. I'm grateful that Sir Robert Winston, a chap I think does just that, was the chap who handed my son his degree. I have a picture of him doing so moustache a-burgeoning and my son with his long hair in lots of little plaits with ribbons in in colours to match his gown trim. I tear up with pride when I think of seeing this almost as much as when I saw it on the day. They seem to be sharing a moment of connection and I love that. And I give thanks again to Clive for putting this favourite photo back up on my wall after I took it down for Laura to put up some wallpaper...

Oh...and who remembers Saturday morning pictures?

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Angel,
    Am I right in thinking 'Saturday Matinee'? Yes I remember those days with fond memories, I've also been following Monique's thread and think she's amazing, I often feel quite ashamed of myself at times when I moan about trivial things, I know it's human nature to do so, but I have had a few things happen this year thats given me a good kick up the arse!.....so i'm with you all the way on being grateful and thankful for all the things in my life

    Thank you Angel
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon Angel, well the Rugby this morning was a bit of a bummer; reckon the ref should be put in the stocks somewhere in the middle of Cardiff!
    I can can remember Saturday morning cinema happening @ 6pence in old money, not that my mum let me go, just everybody else round where I lived!
    Hope you have had a good day Angel, the evenings TV comes up to the mark, and that the sandman comes calling with happy dreams once your settled in your PJ's. Tomorrow, when the sun touches your pillow your dreams are remembered and bring happiness to your day. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics