Monday 24 October 2011

Calm after the storm

What a great stormy day we've had here today...I love the sound of rain lashing window panes and the background roar of the churning sea. Hours and hours it went on and just when I thought it would never let up the wind quite suddenly dropped and the rain eased off and it became a damp and drippy but pretty evening...clear blue sky emerging in the west and deepening peachy clouds overhead with the dark grey storm clouds still on the eastern horizon.

I give much thanks to Laura for a few hours with scraper and sandpaper and paint pots and for the pleasure of her company. I'm grateful for making some progress on the curtains, mostly tacking as the curtain and I could stay on the sofa out of the way. I give thanks for getting up and doing a few little diy chores myself eventually. I'm grateful to Dr Galli for calling and continuing to be 'on my case'. I give thanks for a ready meal to put in the oven and a bit of an appetite to eat it. I give thanks for leeks, one of the most delicious veggies ever and I give thanks for all the interesting weather!

2 comments:

  1. Not so keen on the interesting weather myself Angel; came home to find water dripping from the striplight in the kitchen. So it was into the roof, found the place of least resistance, it was looking like a sagging shop blind from Eric and Ernie’s take on ‘Singing in the Rain’ A large lead valley was formed when my extension was built in 2007, and a strip of whatever they used under the lower rows of tiles was collecting rain water from somewhere, and formed a pouring lip. Large bucket now insitu, will have to have the roof investigated when the weather is dry, meanwhile watch the bucket! Not sure about the word leeks however it is spelt, not one I want to have in my vocabulary at the moment!
    Happy that you had a better day though Angel you have found your appetite for the unmentionable vegetable, and your doctor is still playing Mr Nice Guy
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting weather down your way....x up here in Kent, sunny cold day. You are such a interesting person, i always look you up in the mornings at at night before i go to bed.
    You give me a lot of insperation and i really want to thank you for taking me away from my own worries/pains for a short while
    Have you watched an idiot abroad 2 i laugh so much it makes my sides hurt.
    Goodnight and sweet dreams, love Deb.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics