Monday 10 October 2011

Sensory perceptions

I give thanks for the wonderful smell of Lush's Sacred Truth face mask. Even washing the tub out in the bathroom has made my flat smell nice!

I give thanks for getting a bit more of my curtain embellishing done. I was worried I might find sewing harder now, and yes it's tiring and uncomfortable in some positions but no more so than any other activity. I can still use pins and needles which I was concerned might require too much dexterity but it's OK, though I do get pins and needles in my hand...I mean the nerve ending feeling not the shiny sharp things. And I'm grateful for the feeling of continuity I get from sewing...how many miles must I have sewed over the years?

And I also give thanks for the poignant sound of crows. They must caw at other times of the year but it seems such a quintessentially wintry sound. It's impossible to hear them and not think of bare trees and open country and clouds and chilly air. Well it's impossible for me anyway!

And for turning off the TV (and when I've finished this the internet too) and spending the evening with soup and a book as that just seemed so much more peaceful...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gabi,
    Going to try and write this somewhere else then copy and paste; probably find it won’t happen, but without trying will never know!

    Weather has certainly turned dull and chilly and the leaves are turning brown and falling already, what has happened to the golden and red of Autumn this year. Well truth to tell, not been in the area’s that are normally gloriously coloured, so perhaps its me just not seeing delight at every turn of the road.
    We have so many magpie’s in this area, hardly any starlings and crows, but guess they are busy following the plough in the nearby fields, there is certainly a pong of slurry with the wind in the wrong direction!
    Hope your days are comfortable, and your night-times full of dreams that you can remember when the sun comes across your pillow.
    Stay safe and take care Pat xx
    OMG I think it worked, lets get out of here and post it quick

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics